Thursday 23 August 2012

50 Shades of Grey

...And I succumbed.
I try and stay away from anything that is popular.
Especially with fashion.
But with literature, I often find myself intrigued by the well-known.
Not this time.
Well that was until my sister purchased this book.
(Two copies actually; since Tesco is currently doing a deal on this.)
I had just started a novel and decided to finish it,
but she cajoled me into starting 50 shades...
Admittedly, I like it so far.
I am four chapters deep but I appreciate the writers's captivating descriptions
of the characters.
I think a lot of people are interested in reading this book because of its popularity.
It's just faddish,
But there are also a lot of great authors out there with similar writing styles.

In the meantime, I will just get back to reading.

                                                                      Picture Credit: Abe Books

Edited To Add: Uhm...I really did not know what this book was about before I started reading. It became clear after chapter 4...

No comments: