Saturday 1 September 2012

Mummy Dearest

Photo Credit: freemybrain.com
"Twinkle twinkle little star..."
my lips curl into a smile as a mother behind me
sings this soothing melody in an attempt to silence her wailing toddler.
"how I wonder what you are.."
I suddenly feel guilty about my annoyance at the sound
of mummy dearest's cries.
"up above the world so high..."
The wagon whiffs rapidly past the vibrant Shugborough meadows,
"like a diamond in the sky..."
embarrassed, I tuck my head in my novel.
"twinkle, twinkle, little star..."
The persistent parent chants louder,
hoping her petulant tot pipes down.
"how I wonder what you are!"
Oh, if only Mummy would wander up so high
and wish upon a twinkle star.

4 comments:

Enyonam said...

Nice blog. You just got a new follower :-)

Besty said...

Thank you! :) I really appreciate it.

Priscy said...

Hi Besty, its my first time here and I'm following...
I invite you to visit my blog @ www.apysworld.blogspot.com thanks.

Besty said...

Thanks for following. I will check out your blog.